Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/iwigroup081115/public_html/wp-content/themes/zikzag/core/class/single-post.php on line 322
Sage software offers several solutions to enhance productivity and business data accuracy. Now, Sage Intacct is part of the financial product family. Before buying accounting software, it’s important to do your homework and research all packages, including those offered by Sage software, thoroughly. Here, we’ve put together a special buying guide with the key questions you should ask before investing in new accounting software for your business.
You can get the complete guide, 2018 Buyer’s Guide to Accounting and Financial Software, at no charge. Read on for a few important points gleaned from this document.
Accounting Software: What Does Your Business Need?
Accounting is more than the proverbial “bean counting.” Good accounting data can be used to develop strategies and plans to take your business to the next level.
But to have trustworthy accounting data, you need to be sure that your accounting software delivers what it promises. Financial software systems that aren’t right for your business can hinder rather than help productivity.
As you explore software options, consider the answers to the following questions. These questions are intended to help you think about your software needs.
5 Questions to Ask Before Buying Accounting Software
- Do we need to accelerate business processes—but without adding headcount? Your business may be on the cusp of growth and you need a robust accounting platform to support growth without adding another person to the team.
- Do we need to work remotely? Cloud-based business and accounting software can easily accommodate working remotely. If you have telecommuting employees, frequent business trips, or other situations that require team members to work remotely, consider cloud-based accounting software.
- Will we need to integrate the accounting software with other software currently in use?com, Sage software, and other product integrations may be an important requirement for your new accounting software. Consider the various systems you may need to integrate with your accounting package and make sure that integration is both possible and easy without the need for costly custom programming.
- Do managers need frequent access to KPIs? Self-service access to KPIs may be important for manufacturers. Real-time visibility enhances the usefulness of accounting software and provide vital information to managers as they make decisions during the course of their business day.
- Do we need to improve operational efficiency? Cloud-based systems avoid the problem of desktop siloes, where software and files are kept with one person who can only share the data via email. They also eliminate the inefficiencies of spreadsheet-based reporting.
These are just a handful of questions to begin your thought process as you explore software options. IWI Consulting can help you work through the process of selecting the best software for your company. One new package we’d like to introduce you to is Sage Intacct.
Sage Intacct: Cloud-Based Financial Accounting
Sage Intacct is the only AICPA-endorsed solution on the market. It offers cloud-based financial accounting with general ledger functions built right into the platforms for scalability and flexibility. With this software, you can:
- Set the right price and timing for each order with the purchasing function
- Handle high order volumes and complex purchasing requirements
- Manage accounts payable and receivable easily and with greater speed
- Collaborate on tasks
- Obtain a complete picture of working capital and cash on hand
The cloud-based system lets you share real-time data for better visibility into all aspects of your company’s financial picture. Your accounting team will love Sage Intacct, but so will operations, warehouse management, procurement, sales and customer service.
Like other Sage software products, Sage Intacct integrates easily with other platforms and products. It’s made for end-users so there is a shorter learning curve enabling you to get up to speed quickly as you adopt Sage Intacct throughout your company. It’s a flexible, scalable and powerful accounting solution for businesses looking for the best options for growth.
If you would like to explore Sage Intacct for your business, contact IWI Consulting today. We can walk you through this and other fine Sage software products to explore the best fit for your business needs. Please visit IWI Consulting Group or call 1-866-916-3851.